About LaVan Law
Areas Of Practice
Ms. LaVan concentrates her practice on the representation of businesses and corporations across a wide range of industries, including financial, construction, environmental, banking and healthcare. She also practices labor and employment law and handles transactional matter. She represents businesses, corporations and shareholders in a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Insurance Defense
- Advising business owners through the formation, development, and growth of their businesses
- Buying, selling, and investing in businesses
- Preparing shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, and other documents
- Resolving shareholder disputes • Protecting business goodwill through non-compete and employment agreements
- State and federal environmental claims involving the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, ISRA, Brownsfields, and Wetlands
- Litigation and preparation for litigation.
In addition to the transactional services Ms. LaVan provides to her clients, she also engages in a commercial litigation practice in which she represents business owners and employers in the defense of business disputes and employment claims.
Bringing her legal acumen to bear on behalf of her clients, Ms. LaVan also leverages her deep corporate experience as a former General Counsel and corporate shareholder to assist clients avoid and navigate through business matters. She earns the “trusted advisor” role from her clients by taking the long view approach to solving issues which can potentially derail their enterprises.
Ms. LaVan publishes and speaks frequently for professional groups on a variety of business, employment, and environmental topics.
- 2015 Best Attorneys in Business, South Jersey Biz
- 2014 Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- 2013 Top Attorneys South Jersey, SJ Magazine
- 2014 Top Attorneys South Jersey, South Jersey Magazine
- 2013 Super Women Making a Lasting Impact South Jersey, South Jersey Magazine
- 2013 Avvo Excellent Rated Attorney
- 2013 Martindale Hubbell BV Distinguished, Very High Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, Paul Harris Fellow
- 2012 Awesome Attorney, South Jersey Magazine
- 2012 Top Attorneys in South Jersey, South Jersey Magazine
- 2011 Legal Eagles, South Jersey Magazine
- 2011 Top Attorneys in South Jersey, South Jersey Magazine
- 2010 Awesome Attorneys, South Jersey Magazine
- Board of Trustees, Moorestown Community House, Moorestown, NJ
- Board of Directors, Associated Builders and Contractors, New Jersey Chapter
- Chair, Safety and Marketing Committee
- Diversity Committee, Virtua Hospital
- J.D., Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, 2006
- B.S., cum laude, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance and Marketing, Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, 1999
- New Jersey, 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2006
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association
The lawyers at LaVan Law are among the best in the region. My case was handled quickly and efficiently. Thank you!
My experience with LaVan Law is one of gratefulness. They made me feel important, kept me informed every step of my case. The team as a whole and the assigned lawyer to my case, worked as a complete union. They showed compassion for me and worked with even greater passion to resolve my issue. I'm not writing this just because I won;but to state the comfort they give on the 3 year road to victory! If you have a case that you have to my a decision to hire LaVan Law. Go with them!!!!
Strong law firm
A very professional firm with strong communication and who got the job done. Their rates are very fair as well. We were happy with the service and the result.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Burlington Country Bar Association